Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In Memory of Anh-Thi Winkler


Anh-Thi Winkler was a friend of mine who fought a long and hard battle with colon cancer for the past 3+ years. This past Saturday, at age 30, her battle ended.

She is one of the most influential people in my life. She experienced some of the most horrific health problems, yet managed to always smile and offer words of encouragement to others. She was so strong, and I really thought that if anyone could beat stage IV colon cancer, it would be Thi.

I feel incredibly blessed to have known her, and she will always be a hero of mine. She was just one of those friends who you loved to talk to and be around. She was witty and charming and just an incredibly nice person.

After my grandmother died, my Mom said to me that what she misses most is just being able to pick up the phone and say, "hi." That is what I will miss about Thi. I will miss her emails and enthusiasm and glow.

She was a good friend, wonderful mother, beautiful woman, and my hero. She is truly missed.

This is her obituary: http://www.funeralquestions.com/obits/be
an/memorial.asp?listing_id=112412

And here is a lovely piece about Thi, written by my friend George: http://mutarada.livejournal.com/225464.html

No comments: