Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A week and a half left!

Only a week and half left in Formosa! It's crazy how quickly, and sometimes slowly, time has gone by here in Taiwan. We've been busy organizing, packing, and cleaning our apartment.

I'm feeling sad to leave some of the wonderful people we have met here. I've also grown somewhat accustomed to life here in ways that I didn't realize. There will definitely be some cultural readjustment coming home. While I get irritated at getting plowed over by elderly Taiwanese women who are over-anxious to get off and on the train every day, I will miss the over-all civility of the people here. I'm not a particular passive person, but I've learned a lot from the way that people conduct themselves in Taiwan. . . some of it good, some of it bad.

It's also scary thinking about entering the workforce again in the U.S. We're pretty much coming back at the worst time possible in terms of the job market. While I remain optimistic, I'm growing more anxious as time goes on.

Regardless of the nostalgia and the anxiety that we are both feeling, we are VERY excited to travel for a month in Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand) and then for a month in the US (PA and NM) before arriving in Portland in August. Wes sincerely deserves a vacation. I'm pretty sure he could tell you how many hours we have left in Taiwan. :)

Until later . . . here is what my brain sort of feels like:

No comments: