Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bangkok Day 2 and PHOTOS!

We're still in Bangkok until tomorrow. Yesterday we walked around the city and purchased some used books. We were even fortunate enough to meander onto what I deemed "Shady Street," where I got to witness more people urinating in public on one street than anywhere in the world I'm sure. Wes promised me we won't ever make our way back that way again.

Today we got up early and walked around the National Palace and saw the Emerald Buddha. It was an incredible place, and I will even dare to say that the ornate nature of the place puts it up there with the Taj Mahal on the awe scale. Afterward, we had lunch at another amazing vegan Thai restaurant . . . I'm pretty much in heaven.

Alas, here are some photos from our trip so far (We'll post more when we arrive back in the US of A on July 2nd):


I made the Merlion look good. . . . Singapore.

St. Andrews Cathedral

Rambotans!

The Botanic Gardens in Singapore

Patronus Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Mangosteen! My new favorite fruit.

KL at night.


Batu Caves outside of KL.



The Cameron Highlands in Malaysia.



Tea fields in the Cameron Highlands


First sunset on Pulua Perhentian.



This is the view from the deck on our chalet . . . incredible!



The left side is the front of this insect . . . crazy!

Oops, I'll fix this when I can get on a better computer.

Kota Bharu in Malaysia.


Big pimpin' in first class on the train to Bangkok, Thailand.


Bangkok.


The National Palace.



1 comment:

Lindserannie said...

So cool! I love reading about your trek back :)