Our second day in Singapore was great and quite tiring. We walked, a lot, and eventually ended up at the Singapore Botanic Gardens. They were absolutely amazing . . . definitely the most beautiful park/garden I have ever been to. I don't think that any photograph could do the park justice. After meandering all over the city, we ended up eating dinner (which made me a bit sick) and then boarded the overnight train to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
Taking an overnight train is the bombdiggity. It was rather comfortable and 9 hours passes by feeling much more like an hour. The only downside is having to get off the train at 6:30 a.m. and occupy yourself until you can check into a hostel. Fortunately, we were able to check into a hostel pretty early and lay our stuff down and shower. After we settled in, we walked around for a bit and checked out the Petronas Towers. We weren't able to secure tickets to go up to the skywalk, which is free, but the tickets sell out by 8:30 a.m. We did however, take a look around the mall and I almost tried on a $400USD bathing suit (Ed Hardy is such a sell-out). We took photos outside and decided that the skywalk just isn't worth it in the end . . . I mean, I have been to the top of the tallest building in the world, and you can't even go half-way up the Petronas Towers, lame. :)
Malaysia and Singapore have been quite refreshing because of the diversity of people here. It's something that both Wes and I missed living in Taipei. The fresh fruit has been refreshing too, in a different sense. I got to try rambutans and mangosteens, and they are so delicious! I am going to miss all of the fresh fruit when we leave Asia. We've been so spoiled for the last year and a half.
One more thing before my time runs out on the computer . . . I saw a giant black tarantula sized spider in our room at the hostel . . . I just about jumped out of my skin. I'm pretty sure we're going to stay in a different hostel tomorrow . . .
Tomorrow we'll spend some time exploring Asia's largest mosque, and the hindu caves. On Saturday we'll be heading to the Cameron Highlands.
Ta-Ta for now. xoxo
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment